History of the Site.
The plant was built by Pressed Steel Company in 1955 as an extension of the Oxford plant to allow the production of car bodies. Swindon has a rich engineering heritage, and this was tapped into for recruits for the new plant. By December 1955 the first two presses were in operation, and the first stamping was completed on New Year's Eve despite the building not being completed until July.
Over the years, the plant has produced parts for many motor manufacturers including the classic Mini and various other industries with parts for greenhouses being produced at one point! Now, under the ownership of the BMW Group, the focus is on MINI.